View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 02:13 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

BTW, I don't think all of the "old guard" are completely gone from SGC. I know that for my most recent submission to SGC about 1-2 months ago, Michael Goldberg actually handled the loggage. He said that he was working as a consultant there, and he clarified some of the things on my submission with me. It was very helpful.

Regarding what Brian said about the software bug in the authentic checkbox on the SGC submission form, I know that I brought that up to Michael also when he was at a show in San Francisco a couple of years ago. At that time, he told me that the bug was erratic, in that for some people, the checkbox worked correctly, but for others, it did not. I know that for me, like Brian, it has never worked correctly. My memory may be failing me, but I think I also remember Michael saying something along the lines that the person who originally wrote a lot of the software at SGC stunk, or something along those lines.... (However, the person who wrote the SGC Registry software was much better.)

In Quan's case, I think if he called SGC when the submission popped and before it shipped, SGC probably would have fixed it and holdered the card. However, SGC does not holder "zombie" cards. I had an E95 Wagner that had some bits of the card glued back onto it. When I spoke with Derek Grady, he told me that SGC could not holder the card like that. However, if I removed these "zombie" parts, SGC would give me a free review to see if they could holder the card then. And when I removed those glued in parts, SGC did holder the card for me for free (not including shipping). I assume this wasn't the case for Quan since his card was probably just trimmed, but just FYI.

About free reholders, you would probably have to call SGC customer service. On my most recent submission, I had an oversized card (a 1934 Goudey Premium) crack open. This is an unfortunate thing that can happen in SGC's larger holders, which is why I usually prefer PSA or BVG for larger cards. However, the card was too large for PSA, and I am planning on selling the card, and SGC's reputation still goes further in that respect. (I have the same card holdered by Beckett for my personal collection.) Anyway, the point is, when I called SGC to tell them about this, I was immediately offered a free reholder when I send in my next submission.