View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Peter F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
I was cruising a neighborhood foreign to me yesterday afternoon and I stumbled across a sportscard store...against my better judgment I went in to see if they had any vintage.

Amongst the mix of mostly shiny stuff...there were a few hundred cards from the 50's-80's...and then I spotted a small handful of vintage...practically hidden...there were:

-1 t201 common in g...for $150
-1 t202 common in g for $200
-1 T212 Obak common in g ...for $80

I asked one of the guys if they had any more vintage...and the response was how the 2 guys that used to bring it in have since stopped and that they need to more actively seek it out and that I should check back soon because they buy like no other!

IT's funny how when you usually see vintage at these B & M stores(if u see any at all)...the prices are stratospheric!!!!!

It's as if these guys(owners) are in denial that the internet even exists?!?!
If I ever go into Sports Card stores when I'm traveling, their inventory, prices, product placement of vintage cards always cracks me up. It's always EXACTLY like peter says.

It's like they put care into exactly which mundane vintage cards they have chosen to put in the bottom back shelf - a vg t206 in a screw down, maybe a panel from a t202, possibly a strip card and of course a Goudey 4 in 1 with no HOFers.

it's almost like their showcase was set up by a set designer for a tv show or something. Out of central casting - all these card shops vintage inventory seem exactly the same! Cracks me up.