View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 08:24 PM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default Fwiw

I wasn't saying that either of the items shown aren't salesman samples. It's reasonable to think the basketball might be a salesman sample - but also that it might be a child's toy of some sort. Without something tying the item to the manufacturer it's a stretch. It does appear to replicate all of the original elements of Reach's BB.
The jockey cap is a good deal more problematic for me but still falling under the parameters outlined above. I'm not convinced a cap (it's no stovepipe or beaver hat which I have encountered as samples) would more likely be a sample than a doll hat without attribution. I would figure there would be discernable markings to be found - especially as the actual condition suggests such lettering wouldn't have worn away or been washed out. Additionally I'm not so sure about the excess of overly ornate "fixings" including the tassels would adorn an actual jockey's head. I will admit I'm usually more associated with the horse's ass than the jockey's cap............ I'm about to search the interweb for some pix of caps :-)