View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 11:38 PM
Ro.b Gui.1fo.y1e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggerZagger View Post
Maybe I'm way off-base here, but I just ran across the newest little Auction House on the block, Candiman Auctions. http://www.candimanauctions.com/

Unusually, nearly all lots are ungraded, and many look a little "too good". Hmmm, now where have I seen this before....

Based in Alabama, apparently, per their Contact info and Disclaimers. Is this ringing any bells??

Are we seeing Battlefield Vintage/War_Eagle_Vintage's Swan Song?

It certainly looks like everything must go.

I was disciplined enough to stay away from them on Ebay, thankfully, but even if I were entertaining a cheeky bid with this Auction House, the terms are enough to conclusively scare me away.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm also not an idiot, and I have NO idea what this means! LOL. Caveat Emptor to the maxx.

13. Authenticity
: "Candiman Auctions takes extreme pride in the authentication of the material offered within our auctions. All items are sold as 100% genuine and every effort has been made to ensure the authenticity of each item in our auction. In many instances we use reputable third party authentication. While we as a firm perform due diligence in order to maintain the integrity of our auctions, we encourage bidders to use every resource available to them to draw their own conclusions. As a firm we will make every effort to help in the process. Because of our efforts to ensure the authenticity of the items within the auction as well as the opportunity we offer bidders to confirm our findings as well as that of our experts and third party authentication, it is our policy that all sales will be considered final".

What the?? Thoughts from the experts?

I received a message from the woman who runs Battlefield telling me they sent their cards to this auction house and that they gave up selling on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk