View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 11:11 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony S. View Post
Wilson isn't flashing a gang sign, he's making a cross with his arms and looking up toward heaven, ie at his dad, who died when Wilson was in high school. His dad was in the Air Force, which is why Wilson funded a couple of Air Force Academy scholarships starting this year. http://www.nbcbayarea.com/blogs/the-...122865134.html

For what it's worth, he also gave out a 1000 gloves this past weekend to needy kids (his idea) and conducted a Q and A period with the kids afterwards. Sorry you don't approve of his facial hair.
I didn't know that about his dad, but another board member sent me a PM and told me it was also a tribute to his dad. It looked more like an "X" to me, but I suppose it could have been a cross. I'm sorry that he lost his dad so early in life. However, here is the bottom line. Closing games is Wilson’s JOB. That’s what he gets paid to do. Every time I do something good at my job, I don’t make hand signs and/or pay tribute to anybody. I may get a pat on the back, but I’m only doing my job. And another thing, if I showed up to my job looking like Brian Wilson, I really think I would be (and should be) fired. His appearance is not professional – not at most companies and certainly not for Major League Baseball.

As far as Fielder goes, do you really think he could get a decent job in the real world with all those tattoos? Not hardly.