Thread: What if?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2004, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Default What if?

Posted By: Paul

I've always thought a 1951 Bowman Joe DiMaggio would be nice, with a shot of him stretching to catch a fly in the outfield.

I'd also like to see Type 3 Coupon Cigarette cards of Ruth, Hornsby, Sisler, and Alexander. They were issued in 1919 and look just like T206s, so I think these cards would've been cool. I don't think Coupon added any new players for its 1919 set, but it still seems neat.

And how about all those missing 1941 Play Balls -- like Hal Newhouser and Early Wynn rookies, an early card of Feller, a final card of Grove, Gabby Hartnett with the Giants. And also a 1939 Play Ball Gehrig. And a 38 Goudey Gehrig.

Also nice would be E107s and Fan Craze cards of Jesse Burkett and Frank Selee. Or, really stretching things, Louis Sockalexis.

And how about N162s of almost everyone -- Delahanty, Clarkson, Ward, Ewing, Connor, O'Rourke, Welch, Radbourn, etc.

Two cards that were issued, but probably don't exist, that would be nice to find are the W600s of Burkett and Branch Rickey (as a player).

But what I'd like to see most of all is an N28 Bid McPhee. Then I could actually find and afford a McPhee card.