View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 07:06 PM
Eric
Eric

Default Future

I have 2 boys, age 10 and 13. We hit our 3rd national in a row this year. It is the highlight of the year for them. They love cards and they have a dozen friends that they trade with. They fill up our porch with their cards, telling stories, trading, etc. they are more into football cards and love to open new and shiny and we have a great LCS in Des Moines that we go to and see kids there all the time. Their 2 favorite pickups from the national- a Mike Ditka rookie PSA 5 (13 year old Bears fan) and a 1965 Len Dawson tall boy (10 year old Chiefs fan). They were ecstatic about the vintage cards. I am a baseball guy and they were excited to look at the cards I wanted to see and helped me pick up some nice T206s and a T227 Cobb. They were thrilled to get Jan Stenerund and Frank Whites autographs.
All of these things are just a snapshot from our experience but I am hopeful. It's a great hobby and I hope it stays around.
Will be a bummer to miss the National this next year. We will have to find another show to go to.