View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
I just picked up this NY Giants pennant. Believe it or not, I did not have an example of the iconic Giant in the Polo Grounds. I also picked up a Danbury Mint model. I know that these manufactured "collectibles" are not really collectable, but I like them. The detail is amazing. This joins my Candlestick and PacBell models. Also, I know my NYG pennant is Trench, thanks to Kyle's research. The pennant is 27" long. Does anyone know, did they make these in 30" as well?
There's nothing un-collectible/able about Danbury Mint's stadium models! Of all the manufacturers that offer these, Danbury's are the best. The detail is indeed pretty remarkable. I just picked up the "Deluxe" Ebbets Field version; which is about twice as big as the standard size. There's players on the field; spectators in the stands; and a removable entrance exposing the famed rotunda inside.

If I recall correctly I believe that version of that Giant on your pennant is by Willard Mullin, no? The same Trench artist used Mullin's depiction of the bum for the Brooklyn Dodgers stadium pennant from that same series.

Also, on your Giants pennant ... there's a close-up of the sign above the Polo Grounds reading "N.Y. Giants." Didn't your buddy own that very sign? Didn't he also donate it to the S.F. Giants??