View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
I know it's way early, but wondering where people stay when the National is in Chicago. I'm making some early plans for next year and it will be my first national. I'd like to plan it out so I can see the downtown area as well and maybe catch a game at Wrigley (assuming they are in town).

I've got some friends I'm trying to wrangle into coming to Chicago that same weekend and need to make sure they have things to do while I'm at the convention.

Where have you guys stayed in past?
As the show is at the Rosemont and is not actually in Chicago proper, seeing downtown will require that you hop the Metro, which is roughly 3-5 blocks from the Rosemont.
Ive been to about 4 Wizard World Chicago comic shows in the last 5 years. I always stay at the Courtyard Marriot O'Hare. They have a nice shuttle service that will take you to the Rosemont and many other places within a mile or two range. I have always found their rates reasonable and the hotel to be very nice.
There are a good selection of places to eat there in walking distance of the Rosemont. From the cheap, IHOP to the more expensive, McCormick and Schmidt's. Also there is a Shoeless Joe's near the convention center too. Also a Morton's where the CGC board would have our forum dinners.
Im thinking about going next year. Ive got a few comic buddies that live in Chicago and I would love to see a huge card show.