View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 06:15 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyBrown View Post
Barry, they were available outside of Brooklyn as well. In NYC, they could be found in Brooklyn and Harlem. They were also available in these cities and their suburbs (I may be missing some as I'm on the phone away from my research): Washington DC, Baltimore, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Chicago, St. Louis, Montreal.

While I've tracked down some cards from New Orleans, they were not purchased from the original owner, but rather pawn shop / dealers that bought them as part of a collection. Since I don't know if the person that sold to those dealers / pawn shops moved to New Orleans later in life, I can't confirm that they were available in that city.
May I ask how you were able to find out that Bond Breads were sold in (for example) Baltimore and its suburbs in 1947? That's pretty impressive and have no idea how one would go about that.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-16-2017 at 06:15 PM.