View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 03:59 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnichols View Post
I'm first and foremost in it for the money. I like finding bad-ass cards and getting them to people who truly want them and are willing to pay me for my time/efforts to get it to them. It doesn't mean I don't appreciate them any less than you or anyone else. It just means that I'm not emotionally attached to them. I just ask people to respect what I have available and the effort I've gone through to get it.

I never knew the guy personally and have only heard stories about him. After seeing that YouTube video, I don't think he and I would get along too well. I don't care who I'm talking to, I always treat people's cards/items with respect and don't just throw stuff around. It's not mine until I hand them cash and I handle things in a way that represents that.
Nate:

Knowing you as I do, although you state (And I'll agree) that profit if your primary motive, you are also friendly and honest to your customers on the buying/selling part of this business.

One of the major differences between you and Al is that Al was a salesman/vest-pocked coin dealer before going into sports carts and you work with customers who are on the high-end of the socio-economic ladder. As such, you apply your people and customer service skills to the people who come to your table at shows and Alan created and then a schtick to maintain.

Alan would have been with his name recognition an asset to my shows and you are an asset to my shows because of how your comport yourself.

Regards
Rich