Thread: Stan Musial Bat
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 05:16 PM
N@te

I never got a response from this mornings message after you asked about what I would offer for this bat. So it's good to know now from your post that you are going to keep it until March. At least we all know that now after you asked what we would pay.

But anyways, I took it upon myself to contact Taube about this bat, and here is his response:

"I just looked at photos of the bat. The bat labels 1946 to 1948. If you refer to Vince Malta's book the bat is branded with a C-13 center brand and has a P-6 Powerized. The C-13 center brand appeared on LVS pro bats between 1946 and 1949 and the P-6 Powerized between 1944 and 1948. Put the two together and you have a bat that dates to 1946-1948.

Reviewing Musial's ordering records there is an order for 12 34 inch M117 models on July 23, 1947. I also noticed there is no model number on the knob of the bat. That's not a problem for a 1947 bat. Model numbers were phased in by LVS over a 5 year period. We have seen several bats dating specifically to 1947 without model numbers. By 1948 all bats had the model number on the knob.

The M117 model is also listed at LVS as the pro stock model for Musial. The fact that the bat is 34' long and not 34.5 inches long adds the possibility of the bat being a pro stock model. Without seeing the bat I can't really offer any opinion to the bat's use by Musial"

That being said, if the bat is in fact 34 inches(I don't know because I didn't get a response yet from my question earlier) then it's not something I would be interested in. Even if it has all the bells and whistles, you have to consider that the next owner will have to get it restored. That new owner will put that into consideration with the final price you will get.

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl

Last edited by UnVme7; 02-09-2014 at 05:18 PM.