View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 06:55 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE....Reflections, Theorys, Surveys......T206 printed sheet structure

* * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reflections, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * *

AMERICAN BEAUTY 350 (no frame) series

"The AMERICAN BEAUTY 350 (no frame) subjects were printed on a 36-card sheet."

I posted this statement on Net54 quite a number of years ago. I was instantly questioned by another Net54 member who said there are 37 subjects in this series.
I replied....Very true. However, when ALC initially printed this series there were 36 guys, which included Simon Nicholls. Nicholls retired from BB on Apr 25, 1910.
Shortly afterwards, ALC replaced the Nicholls image on this 36-card sheet with Jake Stahl. My proof of this is by empirical means, and by Pop report data **

460-only series

This last series of T206's is comprised of 46 subjects. The Exclusive 12 guys and 34 other subjects. I contend that ALC printed these 34 subjects on a 36-card sheet.
They Double-Printed (D-P) two subjects to fill out the 36-card sheet. This is standard practice in the printing trade. Which two guys were D-P ? From my experience
putting together 5 - T206 sets, my best guess is Tinker was D-P. And, I tend to think Needham was also D-P. Perhaps, one of you will chime in here was some other
guesses as to which two subjects may have been D-P.

** Note
While I realize POP report data cannot be considered as absolute, I think it's fair to say that the POP data
is representative of the relative availability of certain cards with respect to other cards within that group.

TED Z