View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Jay D

1. Name- Jay Strasz

2. Age- 35

3. Day job- 911 Communications Supervisor

4. Location- Detroit, Michigan

5. Collecting interest- Hank Greenberg cards. He left Detroit on the same train with my Grandpa when he joined the Army for WWII. Ive always felt some sort of connection with him since my Grandpa died when i was young. Im also trying to complete a full set of Topps Mickey Mantle cards. I cant afford the nicer ones, but "collector grade" and well loved are fine with me!

6. Family- fiancee and 2 labs who are like my sons, 12 and 5.

7. How long in hobby- buying baseball cards since i was 10. I have been goign to shows since I was about 12 or so. I never got caught up in new cards and have always passed right by those tables! I love the old stuff.

8. Other interests- some game worn hockey jerseys and hockey memorbilia. Believe it or not, i have an extremely large collection of hockey fight videos that i have amassed over the years.

9. Do you attend shows - I used to every weekend. That ended when i hit my early 20's. I still try to hit the monthly how at Gibralter Trade Center in Mt Clemens, Michigan. The show doesnt measure up to its old days, but i still enjoy it.

10 - Recent pickups - 1948 Bowman Bob Feller, 1958, 1964, 1965, 1966 Mickey Mantles (Topps) National Chicle Hank Greenberg, "Heads Up" Hank Greenberg, 1959 Topps Hank Aaron, Willie Mays. Probably a few more, but thats the haul from the last 6 months or so. I just found an old tobacco card i picked up when i was a kid and forgot about, 1911 T205 Ed Killian, so that was pretty cool to realize i had a 100 year old card!

A few of my cards:

Last edited by DetroitJay; 01-27-2011 at 05:32 PM.