View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
You are right I do not know you. I was not the only one, nor was I the first, to interpret your posts as being bitter.

I understand your point about opportunists but don't think what has been posted here is going to result in some innocent person being sold an example of this card as if it depicts Jackson. Going to take a lot more than a seller’s claim to change the minds of collectors on an issue as well established as a T202. It is not as if this is unique cabinet.
actually, I can see this happening. I can see some unscrupulous dealer using the info gleaned from this post to further his point to try to convince a buyer. It may never happen, but it's very possible.

In looking at the close up photos and the extraneous pics the Brett has found. I think the player sliding actually looks a bit older than Jackson looks in some of the other shots where you can see his face. I've been trying to find some pictures of him wearing a leg wrap from his time in New Orleans, but haven't had any luck yet. A collector friend of mine who lives in New Orleans is going to ask around also. the resolution of the sliding players face is too poor and the brim of his cap covers to much of the upper part for me to say it's Jackson at all. Some facial features look the same, but they could be contorted because the guy is sliding hard into a base during a game.

Last edited by T206DK; 05-24-2010 at 11:19 AM.