View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Default Get anything new? (August edition)

Posted By: Aaron M.

I was able to pry two rare pinbacks (1924 Walter Johnson Testimonial and 1950's Stan Musial "Clean-up" Club pictured at http://aaronsroom.blogspot.com/) from the personal collection of a well-known dealer at The National (after a couple months of buttering him up). I paid through the nose (I was told I had to match the offer he'd received from MastroNet on the Johnson Testimonial pin--this after telling me he'd just sold a $1 Million collection to MastroNet so I wasn't going to test him), but these pins are basically impossible to find and were in choice condition, so I forked over the dough.

I also bought a c. 1910 Philadelphia "Atheletics" pennant in terrific shape (which was especially surprising since MastroNet had snapped up a full-size 1916 Red Sox pennant about 15 minutes after I passed on it Wednesday night). I'll get a picture up once it's framed.

Otherwise, I bought some wildly off-topic items (1930's Tarzan non-sports cards, etc.) and the wife and I caught the Cubs game at Wrigley. Great trip, great National.