View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 03:27 PM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrdds View Post
I hate to tell you but Atlanta and its surrounding area is dead for card shows and really for the card and autograph and memorabilia market in general . It was great from 1985 until about the early 2000s but since then not much . A few small local shows maybe once a year but nothing big or worthwhile, especially compared to the heyday for those years or the Chantilly show that you are used to.
Atlanta's history as a collecting area is strange at best . I speak from experience having been in this area since college beginning in 1977 and doing shows and private signings in the area for many many years .
In fact the southeast is pretty dead in general for shows .
Completely agree with you. I used to go to the Tri Star shows here and Bob Pressley had great shows here which were awesome to attended. Bob always had National dealers and a variety of auto signers. I attended from mid 90s to early 2000s. The general consensus from dealers was Atlanta was a market hat loved vg/ex cards. Hard to sell the high end stuff. After the shows dried up here, I had to wait for Roger Neufeld to come twice a year and set up in a Hotel banquet room. The National was hosted here once and I dont recall how that went over? I know I didnt like paying for parking at 30.00.