View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 05:49 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Vintage Card Prices is helpful, although not perfect/complete, and you don't have to be a member to access the player listings. The search function is at the top of VCP's home page - select "last name" and then enter the player you are interested in - a drop down listing of players with the last name you entered will appear - then, select the exact player you are seeking. Here's the link to the card listing VCP has for WaJo: http://www.vintagecardprices.com/bas...multi_player=1
Thank you, Val. I don't know why I didn't think of VCP. That is an awesome resource! I am looking at building a player collection/back run of Fred Merkle. He is not a mega star but not a nobody either. I think of him as a minor star I guess, but everyone knows his story. I like the look of many of his cards. There is just something about old New York baseball and the logos (this coming from a Cardinals fan). Anyway, I have been a fearful admirer of T206 from afar for quite a while. I do have a couple of ill-fated attempts at collecting the set in the past, but this is different. I would like to get as many backs as I can from his portrait and throwing cards and pursue his T205s and E cards as well...I do have the T205 Piedmont already. If I ever get to a stopping point on Fred, I might make a run at Lajoie as well. Tonight, I made my first purchase toward this effort. It may not be super high grade, but it is a nice start with a back that at least isn't totally common. Thank you, Scott, for making me a deal on this card!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Merkle Sovereign 460.jpg (77.0 KB, 98 views)

Last edited by vintagebaseballcardguy; 12-10-2017 at 06:00 PM.