View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball tourist View Post
Great pick ups Scott! To what do you attribute the scarcity of the 1977 stub? It seems like a few should be out there.
Hi Chris,
Thanks, great question! You would sure think that this ticket would be findable, but it's been very elusive.

FWIW, KC Royals, MN Twins, ATL Braves, TX Rangers, OAK A's, MONT Expos. TOR Blue Jays and SD Padres tickets from the 1970's and 1980's are very tough. Their fans for some reason do not typically save their tickets. Additionally, the Royals, for many games in the 1970's, had very light attendance (most games were far less than 10,000 fans). Other ticket collector friends that I know have been similarly challenged in finding Royals baseball ticket stubs from this era...

BTW, I also collect tickets to all Nolan Ryan pitched games regardless of outcome (win, loss or no-decision). Tickets to the cities I mentioned above are all most challenging.
Case in point, until recently I still had 5 KC Royals dates that I needed for my Nolan Ryan ticket collection. It's been at least 3 years since I found the last Ryan ticket at KC. I stumbled on to a seller that had a season ticket holders collection of Royals tickets spanning 3 decades. All of the tickets were neatly taped into a scorebook that the season ticket holder had scored each game. Fortunately the fan attended virtually every game. Along with the Colborn no-hitter ticket, I was fortunate enough to close out all my ticket needs for KC in one shot. Unbelieveable!

I'm getting close to competing my Ryan ticket collection. I currently have 747/807 of Ryan's regular season career pitching appearances (92.5% complete). I have been working on this particular collection since 1972.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 11-29-2014 at 06:32 AM.