View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 08:02 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE/Reflections.....The elusive ELITE 11....show them, if you have them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
The Elite 11 card group is one of many favorites I have in the master front/back set. I'll have to dig the cards out and get some scans to post. I'm currently lacking Jones and Lundgren in Piedmont 350's and Dahlen in EPDG.

It might be time to do another survey on how many of these cards are out there. I know there have been some new discoveries since the last count was conducted. Population reports are not accurate at all. I know for a fact that Spencer in SGC, one was cracked and is currently raw and another was crossed over to PSA, David Hall's SGC 60 to a PSA 4.5.
Hi Ron

Thanks for chiming in here regarding this subject. It too, is one of my favorite group of T206 cards (as are the Exclusive 12 group).

And, your are correct that we can not depend on the pop reports to provide an accurate count on these Elite 11 cards. Every SGC graded card
which I have sold to David Hall is crossed over to PSA. And, what is interesting is that PSA for the most part gives him a lower grade than SGC.

However, the pop reports are useful in indicating the relative scarcity of the PIEDMONT 350 vs PIEDMONT 150 cards of these Elite 11 subjects.
For examples:

Ewing = 9 - PIEDMONT 350 vs 244 - PIEDMONT 150 cards.

Spencer = 6 - PIEDMONT 350 vs 243 - PIEDMONT 150 cards.

Yes, by all means show us your Elite 11 cards.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 07-04-2019 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.