View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 07:56 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE/Reflections.....The elusive ELITE 11....show them, if you have them

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * T206 REFERENCE....Reflections, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

…………….. The 150 Series backs associated with the Elite 11 subjects ……………..

I have been tracking the source of these Elite 11 cards since 2008, when I acquired a mid-size lot of T206's from an Antique dealer in Atlanta.
He told me that these cards were from an original collection in a town nearby Atlanta. This collection was strictly PIEDMONT cards; and, I was
pleasantly surprised to find 8 of the Elite 11 cards in this group.

Then approx. 7 years ago, another original collection of T206's was discovered in the Atlanta area. And, this collection included 7 Elite 11 cards.

Furthermore, 2 years ago Turner Engle (asoriano) reported here of an original collection from Georgia.. Georgia Find: 878 T205's and T206's
In this collection were four Elite 11 cards, including the very scarce Spencer card.

It appears that Factory #25 shipped PIEDMONT cigarette packs (containing 1st print run PIEDMONT 350 cards) to Georgia. I say this since some
of the Joe Doyle Nat'L cards have been found in T206 collections originating from Georgia. Best example of this is Senator Richard Russell's T206
collection. It is the first known source of the Elite 11 cards. Russell's original set also includes the Joe Doyle Nat'L card. Russell lived in Winder, a
town not far from Atlanta. He collected Tobacco cards as a teenager during 1909 - 1910.

To date, my records indicate that 4 original collections of T206's discovered in the surrounding area of Atlanta include the rare T206's that I refer
to as the Elite 11 cards.

Please chime in here if you have any of these Elite 11 cards of which you are certain of their provenance.

Thank you,

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 07-08-2019 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.