Thread: Atlantic City
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 09:52 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

For what it's worth, my top 10 places to eat in AC.

1. White House Sub Shop - a classic of classic. Amazing sandwiches. Full of press clippings and pics of every celebrity who was ever passed through. Should be a national landmark. Get bread a few times a day from the Italian bakery up the street. Order a half, a whole is enough for about 4 people. Pepper and egg with onions on hot bread. Heaven on earth.

2. Knife and Fork Inn: amazing place. If you are a fan of Boardwalk Empire you can't miss. Old time AC. Amazing food. Really a walk back in time. Lobster thermidor! Where the hell can you can lobster thermidor in 2016?

3. Chef Vola's: amazing Italian. Good luck getting a res. Need to take a taxi. At end of a residential street a little off the street. If they tell you they can only seat you at 10 take it anyway. Safe to go to.

4. Matorano's: Italian place in Harrah's. Just ate there for the first time. Very very good Italian food. Meatballs to die for.

5. Chart House: seafood, in Golden Nugget. Nice views and great food.

6. Cuba Libre: Cuban as you might guess. In the Quarter area of the Tropicana. Food is good but maybe its the high octane great rum drinks that have had me coming back for years.

7. Izakaya - in Borgata, Best Japanese, including sushi, I've had in AC.

8. Iron Room - really cool spot, new spot. An old bottling company turned into a high end restaurant. Wife and I loved it. Will need to take a taxi. (I walked, but the street its on is a little sketchy.)

9. Il Mulino - in Trump Taj. AC outpost of one of NY's best Italian places. Also one in Vegas. Is the restaurant part (a little formal, but a great experience) and the cheaper grill.

10. White House sub shop. See no. 1.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 07-21-2016 at 09:54 AM.