View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 11:30 AM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Baseball snapshots are the bastards in the baseball hobby.They seem to forgotten and alone in their own category. If you see a photo, and it doesn't have the seal of approval of a Underwood, Conlon, or Bain...people think it's not that valuable.

I'm a huge advocate of snapshots, but in the hobby world they're flawed. Why? It's Achilles heel, it's almost too unique. They're 1/1 and taken by an amateur photographer. Nothing to compare it. So people in the hobby don't know if they are getting a steal or getting ripped off. However, on the plus side...you can command you're own price ( within reason) since there's nothing of exactly the same.

When I see a Conlon photo, I don't get the same goosebumps because, it's professional photo taken by professional photographer. Seeing a candid amateur snapshot is special, it's a glimpse of a craze fan trying to meet their baseball hero.

It's great that snapshots are finally getting attention since they are such a unique piece of history. Fans make the game.