View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 09:08 PM
Sean McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
Wow! But I'd expect no less from the nation that sits beneath Mount Fujiyama. (I was pretty thick with the Japanese in Hawaii for twenty years; excellence is a foremost virtue for them). Back in North America most card shops I have been in are dumps, and the nice ones are still pretty shabby compared to this Tokyo establishment. If I ever make it to Japan I will definitely check out the joint. And I'm a teetotaler so I'll keep my fingers crossed that they stock Dr Pepper.
LOL, yeah its actually a "cafe and bar" so definitely geared towards non-drinkers too (soft drinks seem to be the main thing, though they do serve beer too). They have drink and time limits too so its definitely not a place you would have to worry about other customers getting drunk at.

I have been to a few other shops here in Japan and they generally meet all the standards in the article in the original post. The only critiques I have had is that prices tend to be high and some of them (not the one with the bar) are quite cramped (as everything in Japan is!)