View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default why grade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko View Post
Awesome pickup.

For those of you with knowledge about t206. If I were to go for PSA 1/2, would it be cheaper to buy lots of beater commons and slab them myself, or to buy them slabbed straight out. Also, is the re-sale value on the PSA 1s or 2s? Say I put an entire set together in PSA 1-3 - would it sell alright if I were to ever sell it? Better idea to buy raw? I like the idea of slabbed more personally.
For this grade set, 1-2 range, I might skip the grading on all but the HOF'ers (and maybe them too). You can put the money towards more cards. Just a thought....

I have 98% of the value of my collection slabbed but probably only 60% of my cards. I tend to not get the lower valued ones graded. The only reason I get them graded is to them from myself and to get a 3rd party opinion on alterations. I have saved way more than I will ever spend on grading by having a few high end cards get rejected, and subsequently returned for a refund. After the alterations were pointed out I could see them but I didn't beforehand. best regards