View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
The concept could get very complicated with Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, different backs and different grades, etc, etc, etc.

I wanted to keep it simple enough to get quick responses not requiring a calculator. I considered the PSA weighting system, but found it a bit to complicated for a quick answer and weighting Wagner a 10 just isn't fair.

My other goal was to have a maximum score of 1000, which has not yet been reported. The thread seems to be getting a good response and your input is appreciated.

Merry Christmas to all.

Frank
To keep it simple, everything should get a '1'. To go one additional level, you could have the three obvious tiers (O'Hara and Demmitt St. Louis are tier 3), and still keeping it simple, you could add a fourth tier of items such as Elberfeld/Washington, Kleinow/Boston, SL'ers with Old Mill backs, etc.

The above would be simple. Adding back multipliers would make it difficult for some board members to do the math.

In any event, your thread is fun, but if you really want to tabulate results, you need to make it more realistic.