View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 06:23 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
Larry, Peter, John, and others--

There are many posts in this thread that are incorrect. Ted is 100% correct.

I am the owner of this 1952 Mickey Mantle.

This card was sold to me within a complete set of '52 Topps cards. When the owner sent the original scan it was in an extremely old PSA holder and he was completely up front that there was something on the card-- he had communicated with Joe Orlando at the time who said it was extra paper stuck to the card, but that decade ago PSA still agreed with the issued grade.

I shared many of the concerns that were in this thread, resulting in me contacting the CEO of CU, Joe Orlando, and President of PSA, Steve Sloan, to have the card reviewed for accuracy. They reviewed the card and disclosed that this is, in fact, extra paper and they agree with the original assessment of the card. At this point, they reholdered the card in the newest light house label and I sent it in to Probstein123 to sell.

I have personally held this card in my hand and spent time scrutinizing the card, the centering, the corners, the registration, and the extra paper on the card. The card is beautifully centered, strong for a 5, and I do hope it sells for a slight premium above other 5's due to its attractive attributes.

I really appreciate all of the community involvement in policing cards, auctions, and grades. I know this behavior comes from a place of love, appreciation, and devotion for the hobby.

That being said, I do not condone the false accusations of paper loss, an inaccurate grade, or any other comments or erroneous 'facts' that are being posted on this thread. These opinions have overstepped a line and crossed to inappropriate, false statements that may damage the sale of my item. I will only ask once that they cease immediately.

Kind Regards,

Sean
Very nice, Thanks! Good Luck with it!