View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 07:44 PM
St@n Go.len

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethius88 View Post
Please pardon my French and with all due respect, who gives a sh*t?!!? This is not directed at you Sean, but folks that want to belittle the card and point fingers at TPG's. If you don't agree with the grade on a slab, any slab, bid accordingly. The onus falls on the bidder, not the seller to get as much information as they can before hitting the bid button. If you believe it is actually paper loss, then probably best to look for another example that suits your taste. Doesn't mean that someone else doesn't like the card a lot. We can also slam PSA for not getting a grade right or making a mistake. Thing is, if you are spending that kind of coin on a card, it's probably not the first baseball card you have purchased and I'm guessing you have done a little shopping around and some research. You wouldn't spend $30k+ on a car by just looking at a picture of it and not knowing anything about it. This isn't the 1970's where you order a card sight unseen out of a magazine and hope the seller graded it like you do. Plenty of resources available at our fingertips in this day an age to make informed decisions.

At the end of they day, we are collectors and should collect what we enjoy without being chained to the monetary worth of our collections. Hell, the majority of us are going to pass with a vast amount of our collections intact and our heirs are going to sell it off with little to no knowledge of of the actual cards anyhow.
Uh, duh, that's all we were doing....pointing out the description which was lacking and even had drivel like "looks nicer" .just a chuckle that's all. I hope Sean makes a fortune on it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk