View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

+1 Marc

I too must say that I've made several trades with Mac and all have been positive. He's definitely one of the best, right up there with all the other board members that I've dealt with.

r/

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdelpercio View Post
Just wanted to put in a good word for Mac. I have done several relatively high dollar multi-card trades with him and have always found him to be very reasonable on values, easy to deal with, and willing to put some high quality cards on the table.

I am a very frequent trader myself...in fact I prefer it to selling. In my experience, there are basically three categories I put a trader in.

The first is a person who seems to genuinely want to make a fair deal whether it's a $20 card or a $2000 lot and is willing to value items reasonably and pull the trigger on a deal.

The second is a person who seems to want to haggle values down to the penny and conditions of commons down to the micro-grade. These are the ones that leave me often feeling like I've gotten the worse end of the deal. If it's a card I really want, I don't mind as much as I'm usually willing to trade at a bit of a premium for something I like a bunch...but the negotiation process can be grueling.

The third is a person who either has no clue about the value of baseball cards or else thinks I have no clue about the value. These are people who make offers so completely ridiculous, it is difficult to even come up with an appropriate reply.

Overall, I would say that I'm very happy with almost all of the trades I've made on the B/S/T and it's easy to say "no thanks" to the ones that don't work for me.