View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Default Favorite post war set

Posted By: J Levine

I remember my father telling me that in 1955 and early 1956 he loved the 1955 Bowman set. There was only one color t.v. in his neighborhood in 1956 and he thought the design was so cool as a kid. I too enjoy the horizontal set with the nice rich brown borders and the little color t.v. insignia.

When I started doing vintage cards, I immediately gravitated towards that set and it looks great in a binder.

My next few sets are ones that I love because they have a wide variety of players, designs, or innovations....

1958 Hires...love the knot hole look and when found centered and clean they are very attractive.

1953 Topps...loved the paintings but the set really comes together when put in a binder. Beautiful.

1952-55 Redman...more painting cards and oversized too.

1960-1 Nu Card Scoops...Lots of Hall of Famers and stars in a cheap set with real photos. Nice cards.

1978 Topps...I think part of this one is that it was the first packs I remember buying a lot of and trying to get a set of cards. I also seem to look at that binder because the simplicity of the design and simple script and colors are really attractive.

Joshua