View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Guys...I remember when Hager put out his book...and burst onto the card scene...he kinda introduced these square colgans to the hobby...as "proofs"...and I remember a fair # of high grade ones were accugrade entombed.

I don't follow or care much about any colgans issue...just never cared for them. I would presume there are a lot more high grade roundies because there are a much larger # of roundies compared to squares.

I'm just trying to make a point that when a lot of high grade cards of a given issue seem surface....canting the overall population of an issue to a dramatically higher grade...they become less desirable?!

I don't think this will be the case so much w/e98 as the demand is so high?!

I just think in the future these high grade e98's will be popping up on a regular basis...and will become common...and pedestrian...and less desirable!

I wonder if the Accugrade ones got busted out and were put into lower grade holders from other companies? But that wasn't the main point of your thread.

As I stated in another thread, this grouping seems sort of like the E92 Nadja St.Louis player cards but on a larger scale. Those E92s are always being sold and they command much less than most other caramel cards in the same grade. We have all seen them...and many of us own one or some.

Last edited by Leon; 07-07-2012 at 09:57 AM.