View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim VB View Post
(but applicable for all.)

More suggestions for the BST

First off, when you list 4-5 items in the same category, at the same time, and make each a separate post, you push everybody else down the page. I've seen guys list 15-20 cards from the same set, but list them in different posts.

Secondly, the terms of the sale should be listed in the post. If a seller doesn't list a shipping charge, I assume the price quoted is delivered. When you send a confirming email and then first mention a shipping charge, you'll surprise some people.

Thirdly, it works best if you tell people how you prefer a response. This board allows people to contact you three ways (email, PM, and on the thread itself.) If you don't express a preference, you have to figure out how to sort them in the order they came in.

Fourth (Fourthly???), as Rob mentioned elsewhere today, when an item sell, don't bump the thread to say so. Just edit the post. If you need to edit the title, click on "Go Advanced."

Lastly, if you opt to be one of the guys who just uses the BST, people here don't get to know you. In that case, it's best not to send the buyer emails calling them names. If one of the regular board members called me a name it might provoke some thought on my part. When someone I don't know does it, it's just bad customer service.

Thanks for your time.
We appear to have a PMS pandemic.