View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Default what ever happened to macwell and caputti? t206 mailer?

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

I'd like to know their eBay name if anyone has it... They had those great phone auctions, always ending on a Thursday night. I remember Mary Caputo trying to answer questions, her voice always calm and nice. I think Mr. Maxwell's name was Charles... I sent him a Charlie Maxwell card, the fellow who played for the Red Sox in the 50s, I think. He was quite knowledgable about old cards, and would share his knowledge. I bought a Demmitt St. Louis T206 from him. The card had a story, he'd bought many cards during several visits to an old collector, this was one of them. He'd leave the fellow with the cards loose, in hand. He'd lost track of this Demmitt, and didn't worry too much about it. One day, just before he was about to trade his old car in, he took a moment to clean some of the clutter out, and there, down by the seat, resided Demmitt, having been there for quite some time, and only a day away of being gone forever.

If anyone knows their eBay ID, please share it here or email me. Thanks. They were great folks with whom to deal.