View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Reg

I started collecting when I was 13, I was working in a card shop and was paid with cards till I was 16.. I managed to get some pretty nice cards (mantle, maris, etc) since I had first dibs on anything that was brought in.

I've always liked the older cards and started buying groups of 50s and 60s. Later on (in my 20s) I sold off every 50s and 60s card I had and bought high grade T206s when I was in my late 20s and in my early 30s I sold everything to buy a house among other things.

I took a break for 6 years and am now just getting back into the T206s. The thing I struggle with the most in now the 6s, 7s and 8s I had are now priced so high I have a hard time justifying the price! I know people are paying these prices but I just can't seem to drop 500+ on a T206 7 when I could of bought them all day long for 200.. I now wonder if it's worth getting back into knowing I'll never have the cards I did without dropping some big $$$ I've been buying lower grade cards but sadly it just not the same... Hmmm what to do????