View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 07:45 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by icollectDCsports View Post
Collectible? Literally, yes. Good for value appreciation and resale at some point? With some exceptions as others have stated, generally, no. But consider yourself lucky if you get a lot of enjoyment out of collecting items that others don't value as highly. Much easier on the wallet.
What DC said.

Generally speaking, something that is a smaller part of a whole is going to be far less desirable (and in most cases nigh-worthless) compared to the whole, with the exception of those that were intended to be separated (newspaper inserts, cards on the backs of boxes, etc).

People have been cutting out pictures from books, magazines, newspapers, etc, and "collecting" them in scrapbooks for generations and generations. Those cut-outs were collectible because the collectors enjoyed them and enjoyed looking at them, but by and large, the scrapbooks containing them have not appreciated in value (with the exception of the aforementioned meant-to-be-separated items that could be removed from them). I see no reason why a modern-day assemblage of cut-outs would be much different, even if assembled in toploaders rather than scrapbooks.

Plus there's the whole thing where I abhor the idea of cutting up old books, but that's a side-trail that I won't run down today.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 01-15-2017 at 07:46 AM.