View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 08:11 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreader3 View Post
Hi Ted,

Thanks for your response.

I purposely did not say Ames is extant with AB460 or Red Hindu.

So we are really down to Uzit as a point of contention.

If Ames doesn't exist with Uzit it would make my life easier since he would not be a rule-breaker.

Tim and Jim say he exists with Uzit, so I guess that's the rub.

Do you know the history behind the Ames Uzit entry?

Scot

Hi Scot

Here's what I recollect regarding Ames with a "UZIT" back. Along with my numerous T206 surveys which I started on this forum back in 2006, I ran
a UZIT survey. The response to this survey by Net54er's was pretty good, as we accounted for 48 confirmed UZIT cards in the first 2 weeks.

During that time period, an advanced T206 collector (Don) came to my booth at the Philly Show in Ft Washington (PA). He showed me his binder of
T206's which included 15 UZIT cards in a plastic sheet. I was impressed and in the course of our conversation, he told me that he had 5 (or 6) more
UZIT cards back home.

A couple days later Don called me about a trade we had planned. Also, he described the other UZIT cards he had, one of which he claimed was Ames.
I guess I trusted that he had Ames, since he appeared to be a very forthright guy at the show.

So, I guess I'm guilty of posting Ames as confirmed in my UZIT survey back in 2006 without having seen this card. My bad !

Subsequently, I proposed my theory regarding the various 350/460 mutually-exclusive backs, which have withstood the test of time. I realized then
Ames could not have been printed with the UZIT back.

So, why others here show Ames confirmed with UZIT is something that I cannot speak for.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 04-23-2016 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Correct typo.