View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 09:01 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Hi Scot

Everything you listed looks good to me....with the exception of your references to Ames. Sorry, but I have to differ with you on Ames for the following reasons......

1.... After 10+ years of collecting American Beauty 460 (AB 460) cards (I now have 70 of the 74 that were printed), I have never seen Ames with this back. And, I
think you will agree that although AB 460 cards are very tough, they are not that scarce that in this day there may be some still "missing in action". Such as there
are with the Broad Leaf 460, red Hindu, or Uzit backs.

2.... Furthermore, I have never seen this Ames with a Uzit back. Nor do I know of anyone having seen this front/back combo. I'm curious where you got that from ?

3.... The collage that Johnny V posted in Post #5 here clearly indicates that Ames is one of the 35 subjects printed in Group A.

4.... Finally, pardon me for reiterating this....but, there are 4 subjects (in Group A) that have yet to be confirmed with the red HINDU back. All four are possible with
this back based upon what we know regarding the mutually-printed backs in the 350/460 series. Eventually, these four will de discovered with red Hindu backs.

Ames (hands above head)
Mathewson (dark cap)
McIntyre (Brooklyn & Chicago)
Reulbach (no glove)

Therefore, I do not believe that Ames is a "rule-breaker".

TED Z