View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 05:38 AM
Tim Carroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
That's just insane. I mean...all of the pieces that you do are insane. I have so little artistic talent that just thinking about how someone is capable of doing something like that makes my brain hurt.

Tom C
Thank you, Tom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
actually dig the more impressionistic qualities of the unfinished portions. Maybe that's the next project? cards in different styles? Gimme a 52 Mantle in cubism etc???
Glad you like the in-progress shot! However, I have no intent to switch styles, just continue to tighten what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Hey Tim,
I know, artistic integrity and all of that aside, have you ever thought of doing multiples of your finished works? Say, for instance, you're cutting a piece of a card to get the specific shadow you need. Couldn't you take another (of the same) card and cut out the exact same shape? That way you could be working on two or more pieces at the same time. Might be something to explore to get more of your work out there, and generate some further sales.

Incredible stuff!!!!!
Thank you! Creating multiple pieces of the same artwork could be done, but for many reasons, I have no desire to do it. When I started doing this in the spring of 2009, I intended on a small series of 5-8. I made the T206 Wagner, 52T Mantle, and 89 Griffey really quick. The sketches were extremely loose, and the amount of cards I had to choose from was extremely limited. The end results were basically concept/prototype pieces of what I do now. I decided years later to give attention to the Wags, Mantle, & Griffey and make detailed pieces of each. Those are the only three I will ever create a 2nd time. I've started Wagner, and the Mantle/Griffey originals are complete. I still own the concepts of all 3 pieces (and Griffey even signed his). Here is a side-by-side of the concept Griffey and the piece I finished last year:

www.timcarrollart.com

Facebook/Instagram/Twitter: @timcarrollart