View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Default ACC designations

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Yeah Leon, Sugar probably included prices because he wanted to sell books. I don't have a book in mind, simply a list.

However, the SCB (I only have #1) contains detail on each set. This detail is identification of each known card for each identified set. There is no way that I have most of that information, nor an idea how to obtain it, for those sets still outstanding.

With regard to my current status: I am in the process of combining two databases, one of which I fowarded to you and Jay for your perusal.

Considering your suggestion of goals for this effort, I recommend
- a determination of whether we want to identify the specific known cards for each set (like SCB) or to just tabulate sets (like ACC)
- an establishment of a timeline for completion of the tabulation phase. A target date.
- identification of a review process including volunteers who would clean up obvious errors and identify areas for further work, before presentation to our colleagues for comment, changes, etc.

I think that we are in agreement that the scope of work identified to be undertaken at this time does not include the changing of anything which has already been done. If at another date, it is viewed as desireable to implement changes to the listings in the ACC or in what we generate, that task can be addressed by others as they may see fit.

And Leon, certainly solicit participation and consultation from all sources of value. This effort was never intended to be mine nor yours. Its thrust as I saw it, was generated by our common need; precipitated by the hobby's prolonged inaction relating to our "newly identified" set cataloging.