View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Default ACC designations

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

The emulation of the Sports Collectors Bible is a significantly expanded undertaking beyond the initially envisioned tabulation of the sets which are currently uncataloged. This view is due to the SCB including a list of the cards associated with each set (it also includes prices - which I imagine is not envisioned for incorporation).

Although such an endeavor would be worthwhile, and perhaps of long term value; the effort would ideally be dynamic, incorporating the capability of easily updating, as awareness of new cards and sets are presented. The best way, in my estimation, of maintaining the ability to easily implement changes to this new SCB, is to maintain control of the documentation.

As such, the information produced could remain in the possession of this Forum, available in the public domain, but maintained by us. A link to this element of our "library" could easily be offered (I guess).

Progress on the initial effort is under review by Jay, in the hopes that it can be adequately cleaned up to be worthy for initial presentation to this board. It is a stand alone compilation of information, not specifically designed as a supplement to any previously published listing.