View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 01:21 PM
Jay Shelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
or within a half hour

One is Triple Cards in Plano (15th and Ave K) east of Central (75) -- not much pre-1980 in the store and he definately stays in business with new boxes, supplies etc.

Nicks is at Coit and Campbell in Richardson and that is closer to an old school store with more older cards where clients can actually look at those cards.

Both owners are good people and while they make a profit, neither are outrageous on their prices

Regards
Rich

Al at Triple Cards runs a very neat store; he is very nice and knowledgeable about the hobby, although his "bread and butter" is definitely the newer stuff. He has one glass case with vintage cards, mostly graded (a few Goudey, 1949, 50, 51 Bowman), and a few vintage football. He caters to the new crowd that loves hits, etc. I usually go there to pick up supplies, and my sons get a pack or two of Pokemon (Al is usually $1 cheaper per pack on those than the typical Walmart/Target, and that's what my sons collect mainly). He told me last week that it is not uncommon for a couple of his customers to come in and drop $5 grand on the Bowman Chrome line (WOW).

Only thing new I have bought recently (to satisfy that pack opening itch) is the Panini Cooperstown line (really good, as it is only older stars, and I got a Molitor autograph in the first pack I purchased) and the new 2014 Donruss (just for old times sake)…..

Have never been to Nicks, but will have to go, since he evidently has more vintage, etc. Neither store, though, stock BCW other than holders, just UltraPro (cheaper price point).