View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 12:12 PM
DR
David R@tliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregr2 View Post
I offer 30 day returns as well, however the buyer has to pay return shipping. I plan on keeping my listings just like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregr2 View Post
LOL I play in a different sandbox. I don’t sell nor can I afford a Hank Aaron RC. I’m a low dollar seller but have been selling for a couple of years and I think I’ve had one return and it wasn’t even a card. I’ve always had a 30 day return policy but like I stated the buyer has to pay for the return. As has been previously stated, the buyer has to have some skin in the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's the point. Is it that big of a deal to have to risk a return on a smaller dollar item? Not really, it's just a hassle.

But for higher priced items that can fluctuate greatly in price...say Ohtani blew out his arm pitching next week, can people who paid in the thousands for his various refractor autos just send them back because it's "not as described"? We all know in reality that if they paid for a 10 and got a 10, they got exactly what they thought they were getting.

But the "risk of future depreciation" may not go with it now if there's a 30 day window on return. Again, it just doesn't make sense for certain items, most collectibles/art/etc. should be exempt from this sort of requirement.

However, if the downside is just having the super seller logo not appear in your listings, sounds like a small price to pay.