View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 04:17 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckiGuy View Post
Will SGC allow me to submit cards at the show that they can then grade and mail back to me? I'm not in hurry to get these cards graded, but it'll be easier than mailing it to then if I can just drop the cards off in Cleveland
I believe they always have in the past. So I'm sure you can do the same this year. No company wants to turn away business. In fact, cards that don't have to be graded at the show are easier for the TPG's because then they can be placed into the return to the office bins and not done on site.

And, the last couple of years, SGC has not had nearly the lines of BGS and PSA. So you can usually just go right up to SGC and get all your work completed in terms of your submission.

And for at least the last 15-18 years all 3 TPG's have been able to grade on site. That's one reason the cost is higher, because you have bring in graders with the costs of labor and transport. The staff at Beckett Grading knows how many cards their graders can handle which is why the cutoffs are what they are. On a different issue, that's why for at least Beckett and PSA they don't count days at the National towards your submissions at their offices. At least at BGS, there is only a skeleton staff left in the office. And I would wager PSA has a significantly reduced staff at their offices as well as you can tell by their lines.

Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 07-07-2018 at 04:21 AM.