Thread: Vintage Racing?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 09:34 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
That is really irritating, Eddie. I am so sorry for you, as you make it plain to us that these cards do not show up that often. The dealer did not know what he had, and the money the character waved was probably a lot more than he thought he'd get for them. Now, he's out a couple hundred bucks and his eBay integrity is very harmed. Your story underscores how desirable the STP cards are to the right people. Again, I'm sorry, bro; the auction should not have gone down the way it did.

Out of curiosity, how could you have known "that several people were asking the seller to end the auction and make it a BIN"?

Hang in there, friend. Maybe the sale will flush out some fresh STP cards. Keep close watch; then, you'll have a collector's edge!

---Brian Powell
At the bottom of the listing, where people ask any questions they may have for the seller, there were two separate questions in which people asked the seller to change the auction to a BIN. The seller replied both times that he was not interested in doing that.

When I bought my Lorenzen cards, the seller told me that when multiple people were giving him offers that were all over the map and trying so hard to get him to end the auction early, he knew that the people messaging him were trying to get the cards for far less than they were worth.

I also received a PM from another board member on here stating they were surprised at the $450 BIN price and that he would have also bid more than that if the listing had continued as an auction. Maybe my snipe would have lost anyway, but it is disappointing that the listing ended early.

Last edited by Bored5000; 09-05-2017 at 11:12 AM.