View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 09:29 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebboy View Post
i guess i will chime in.

I'm the one that traded 1st for the t205 johnson and the trade was handled very well. Cards were mailed next day by both sides and we both seem happy with the trade.

Why.

Well i don't see the t205 johnson as a $700 or higher card. I put the valuation closer to $500 or just under. But that is a set i am currently working on so i was thinking of moving my low end t206 hofs, ect to help with my t205 project. When i saw this post i jumped on the trade for 3 reasons.

1. I checked back on my records for what i had into the cards i was willing to trade. The better ones i had received in a trade much like this one, for vintage hockey cards i didn't really want, that i got lucky on e-bay buy (only had $34.43) in the lot. The guy didn't want prewar and i got rid of a lot of nice 70s hockey.
Also another $142.76 in cards i bought over that last few years. So i'm out of pocket less that $180.00 for a vg-t205 johnson, at least in my way of thinking.

2. I was happy to move that lot of lower level hofs and commons as a lot instead of one at a time. 1 big name single card would be easier for me to trade in a later date for something.

3. I was hopping the trader was really itching to get his 1st trade done and go for this trade which i viewed as a win for me, and fit his primus for a win for him.

trading at least for me isn't always all about $$$$, it's if i'm happier with what i got than what i had. I guess i'm more of a collector. A good trade can be based on a lot of diffent reasons.

Good luck to everyone in your next trade and have fun collecting!

+10000000