View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Default Do you feel like we do.....

Posted By: runscott

but I'm sure you realize that members will disagree and this leads to bickering - it can't be stopped, and I'm not sure we want it to be stopped. Also, the people that really need to listen to your suggestions don't give a flip what you have to say - like "Anonymous Mike" who enjoys fighting and couldn't care less if it's over baseball cards or tiddly winks.

I think we need for a few things to occur, and both are reasonable expectations:

1) when the occasional jerk-wad appears on the board, like Anonymous Mike, make your effort to be congenial and helpful, then when he shows that he is insincere, ignore him. The Behrens brothers are single-handedly keeping this guy's threads near the top of the board, and this guy is loving the confrontation. No offense intended to Lee and Jay - I realize it's tough to ignore the guy, and I've succumbed to it a few times as well.

2) Elliot needs to delete the anonymous and otherwise totally useless and detrimental posts.

3) as you suggested, registration. I also think it's important that when someone registers for ANY forum, that they be required to answer a few simple questions, just so that the moderator can make a determination as to whether the forum is really appropriate for them. This guy would have been weeded out quickly.