View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 12:31 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I think after his (hi Scott) explanation they are well aware of what they are doing. It is all about expectations. Kind of like when I list a card on this forums little live auction place. If anyone is expecting top dollar there they will probably be disappointed but if you go there for ease of use and a place to have fun and shed some collectibles.....then that is a great place. I doubt they have too many 50k cards at their Philly only auction, by design. That all said it sounds like it will be a lot of fun and if I were in the area would definitely attend. That area is certainly ripe with collectors so I am hopeful it will be fine. And I am very happy the Philly Show is evolving ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Scott - best of luck with this. I question whether you are going to get enough people at the Parsippany NJ show on a Tuesday night with cash in pocket to really make a live auction work, but I'm sure you've given it a lot more thought than I anyone else on the board has. (Of course, I could accept the occasional proxy from a board member and drive over. Industry's lowest commission to be sure. Plus surcharge for mileage. And a dinner stipend at the Wendy's up the road.) If I make it next week I'll say hello.

The other option is you could accept bids by email or phone and, like Christies, just open the bidding at that amount. May not be the transparancy you are looking to convey though.