View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 12:04 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Sorry but that's total BS. Verlander/Prince/Cabrera would be beyond moronic to risk their respective fortunes and careers to throw a WS.

As a Giants fan, I'm trying hard not to allow the slights and doubters (mostly in national media) to annoy me.. But it gets annoying when everyone outside the area seems to stretch for explanation and qualify anything good this team does.. WS win(s) included. Between the "all they did was get hot at the right time", "Tigers had a long layoff", "giants got all lucky breaks/bounces", "(instert team name) just stopped hitting"... And now the Tigers threw the WS??? Some or many of the qualifying events are valid but no one wins a series without a nice break or two. Breaks do not offset the fact that the Giants are a damn good team. They've done it the right way... they're full of homegrown talent (6 draftees in last nights lineup alone, and 4 of our 5 starting pitchers), and they played their asses off. That and granted a few breaks are why they came back 0-2, 1-3 in succession and then swept this series.

Congrats SF Giants, you earned this!! Maybe after 1 or 2 more people will stop questioning so much.

Last edited by itjclarke; 10-29-2012 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Spelling.. Lots of phone typing tonight