Thread: Picture this...
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 10:21 PM
David McDonald

Greg - Very neat to see something from my NP window photo show up in your collection. Cooperstown just isn't the same without the National Pastime. Most of the stores in C'town sell what I'd call "manufactured memorabilia" but the NP had a ton or three of genuine old baseball artifacts, the real da kine, and was the size of a small barn. Here's another photo I took that shows more of the storefront.

Keeping in the spirit of this thread I'll offer up a few snapshots of various corners of our house and my Fortress of Solitude. Not as nice as a lot of the tableaus that have been posted here but hopefully not without their aesthetic.

My baseball book shelf plus Matty and NYG cards, photos and ephemera.

A couple of bookshelves worth of Yankees stuff. The figurines are the '61 Yanks and manufactured by Danbury Mint I believe. The hat is purported to be Moose Skowron's 1957 ball cap so I might have seen him wearing the very same when I was a boy at Yankee Stadium in those days.

A display case in the living room with an eclectic sample of the kinds of cards I collect. The Japanese item on the left is a 1950 Shonen Premium of Kaoru Betto which I think is super-cool. People are pretty blown away when they see the contents of the case because they had no idea that baseball cards can be so funky.

A koa curios cabinet upstairs presenting three different themes. Top shelf has to do with the family backgrounds of my Dutch wife and myself; middle shelf is Hawaiiana which is a passion developed after living in the islands for many years; bottom shelf is a random assortment of baseball stuff.

Last edited by Kawika; 03-03-2019 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Declunkify the prose