View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 10:38 AM
Dave H@rford

I have completed two of these sets. In my first set, #68 was the final card in the set (really after near completion of the second set). I finally saved and bought a graded PSA8 as the set1 final card. (Price was close to the $100/grade, although just a note, the PSA1 starts at about $250 and you get to the PSA5 at $500; and the PSA9 is an exponential jump over the PSA8 cost). On the second set, I again had to contemplate the card #68 dilemma (mainly as I already had one), and quickly only brought my selection to either getting a second PSA graded copy or the 2004 Fleer numbered copy. I tried early in my set collecting career to buy this card "raw" and only could find FAKES (would never buy this card raw hoping that PSA would grade it unless it was from an AH with a return policy). I was lucky to hit a beautiful PSA 5.5 for a great price and that made my decision for me.

I would recommend staying with either a low-mid grade PSA graded #68 or get the 2004 Fleer reprint. The set just isn't finished without a "real" card in it.

Dave